Questions that need answered:
1. Why did the position get worse rather than better if it was flagged by Audit as a concern in 2014?
2. Is there a pattern to the problem, a specific department, contractor etc
3. Has an assessment been made about the likely risk to the Council?
4. As EU thresholds have not been complied with, could this cause collateral damage in other areas that the Council deals with the EU?
5. How confident should members feel that the situation is now being remedied?
6. When will the Audit Committee look at this to ensure the problem is fixed.
If the Council has 'no money' it would be a complete dereliction of duty to spend money contesting legal challenges of its processes for awarding contracts.