Sunday 7 June 2015

A new team

It has been a huge privilege to lead the Conservative group on Cornwall Council. However, I am not standing for re-election this year.

I take this decision, particularly in the light of the Council's campaign for more devolved power. Scrutiny of what is happening at County Hall will become increasingly challenging and time consuming.

I very much appreciate all the support I have had already from my husband and children but together with my other commitments an increased work load is something I cannot contemplate.

This is an opportunity to broaden the Conservative councillors on 'the front bench' at County Hall, which I welcome.

I wish my successor, who will be elected on 12th June, the very best of luck.

I shall continue to represent my division in Truro and play a full role in the Conservative Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment