Thursday 10 April 2014

Communication standards in public life

I wonder if this sort of communication from the Portfolio holder for Communications, Alex Folkes, meets the high standards that the CEO sets for the public in dealing with council officers or are council members expected to put up with this from a senior councillor? 

Cllr. Folkes is quick to criticise but he certainly does not like to be held to account on his own deals, even where he acts against the professional advice of the Chief Financial Officer.


 I have retracted nothing and I have heard nothing from the Standards Committee either.  I am entirely happy to defend what I have said but the standard of  behaviour and language falls, I believe, very short of that expected of a cabinet member.

 Cornwall Council's new chief executive Andrew Kerr has recently expressed the council's view on communication standards .....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment